SGSCC (Serious Games for Social & Creativity Competence) project is organising a dedicated workshop “Social competences & creativity as a stepping stone towards personal growth, social development and employability” on 17 December 2014 in Brussels, Belgium at VLEVA premises, focusing on the importance of social skills and creativity for people with disabilities which is fundamental to both social integration and professional self-realisation. This project is dedicated to conceptualisation and development of social competence in terms of training related to adult education, school curricula and professional development through the creation of serious games and other exercises that make use of ICT. A set of training materials on social competences and creativity using 3D scenarios, web and mobile games has been created in English, Bulgarian, German, Dutch, Turkish, Serbian & Lithuanian.
- 9.30: registration
- 10.00: Introduction towards inclusive lifelong learning (presentation various initiatives in this field) – Karel Van Isacker / Maria Goranova (PhoenixKM)
- 10.30: Importance social skills and creativity (SGSCC specific) – Prof. PhD. Rumen Stamatov (University of Plovdiv, Educational Faculty, Department of Psychology and Social Activities) / Prof. PhD. Manfred Pretis (Social Innovative Network)
- 11.00: Demonstration books and games – Maria Goranova (PhoenixKM) / Prof. David Brown (NTU) / Vilma Butkute (HITECO)
- 12.00: Evaluation and Q&A session
- 12.30: Sandwich Lunch
- 13.30: End
- Trainers/teachers of special education
- Social workers
- People with disabilities
- Representative organisations of people with disabilities
- Personal assistants / personal caregivers
- Policy makers
- Educational software / game developers
Vlaams-Europees verbindingsagentschap vzw (please download the itinerary)
English is the used language.
Premises are wheelchair accessible.
Attendance is free but registration is obligatory, and is possible via below form.
For more information, please contact the organiser PhoenixKM (Karel Van Isacker).